THE REBUILT CLOTH HALL
This is a photograph of The Grote Markt dominated by the Cloth Hall whose reconstruction after the Great War was not finally completed until 1967. Part of the building is given over to an excellent museum at whose entrance is a plaque upon which is recorded one of Edmund Blundens poems.
Copyright © www.1914-18.co.uk, 2002. All Rights Reserved